News - News
USWNT: Crystal Dunn facing both dreams, pain on return to World Cup training camp
Crystal Dunn was one of the final cuts from the U.S. Women’s National Team’s roster for the Women’s World Cup, a decision that prompted frustration and even outrage from a segment of USWNT fans. Now the 22-year-old Washington Spirit star has been called back to the USWNT camp. Will this be a second chance for Dunn to earn a place on that plane, or is she just being set up for another round of heartbreak?
Tri-State area Development Academy review: May 2-3, 2015
Tri-State area Development Academy clubs Beachside SC, Oakwood SC, New York SC, Match Fit Academy, World Class FC, Met Oval, PDA, NJCSA, Red Bulls Academy, Empire Revolution, Albertson SC and Everton FC Westchester were all in action this weekend. There was a wide mix of close games and breakout performances as there was predictably more shakeup in the USDA's Eastern Conference standings and playoff races.
Tri-State area ECNL review: May 2-3, 2015
Tri-State area ECNL clubs World Class FC, PDA, FSA FC, Connecticut FC, Albertson SC, East Meadow SC and World Class FC faced off this weekend in local competition. Meanwhile, Match Fit Academy and PDA battled Pennsylvania sides Continental FC DELCO and FC Bucks in addition to local matches. As expected, there was shakeup throughout the ECNL Northeast Conference in several age groups.
Baltimore Celtic SC, FC Frederick teams excel in Maryland State Cup Finals
The Maryland State Cup U-12 through U-17 finals took place on Sunday at the Maryland SoccerPlex. Three Baltimore Celtic SC teams - U-13 Darby, U-14 Dynasty and U-16 Baltimore Celtic SC - captured titles on the boys side, outscoring opponents by a combined scoreline of 8-0. Five FC Frederick teams advanced to the finals, with the U-13 and U-15 girls winning championships.
Bethesda-Olney U-15/16s take over Development Academy playoff spot with wins over FC DELCO, Baltimor...
This weekend in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy Atlantic Division, Richmond United and D.C. United faced off on a club-wide basis, and Bethesda-Olney teams took advantage of favorable match-ups to gain valuable ground in the playoff chase. The Olney U-15/16 and U-17/18 sides combined to go 4-0-0 against Continental FC DELCO and Baltimore Bays, as the U-15/16s took over a playoff spot and the U-17/18s pulled within fractions of a point of taking over a spot as well.
Potomac area ECNL review: Maryland United U-16s revive playoff hopes with two wins in Ohio
While some Potomac area ECNL players took part in the Mid-Atlantic Player Development Program event in Richmond, Va., Maryland United traveled to Ohio as a club and several other local U-14 sides competed in divisional match-ups. Top performances on the weekend included the Maryland United U-16s who went a perfect 2-0-0 with wins against Ohio Premier and Internationals SC, and the Maryland United U-15s who earned two draws against the same clubs.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC expand Pre-Residency into full-time school program
Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced on Monday that the club's Pre-Residency program has expanded into a full-time school program, joining the U-18 and U-16 Residency teams at Burnaby Central Secondary School. The club also announced that Bart Choufour has joined Whitecaps FC full-time as Pre-Residency and Academy Centres director and head coach.
Seattle Sounders beat New York City FC 3-1 at Yankee Stadium on Sunday
BRONX (Via NYCFC) – Mehdi Ballouchy had a memorable 200th Major League Soccer appearance by scoring his second goal of the season, but it wasn’t enough as the Seattle Sounders beat New York City FC 3-1 in front of 25,384 on Sunday night at Yankee Sta...
Seattle Reign FC defeat Washington Spirit 3-1 on Saturday night
SEATTLE, Wash. (Via Washington Spirit) – Seattle Reign FC (2-1-1, 7 points) defeated the Washington Spirit (2-2-0, 6 points) to put an end to their two game losing streak. The Reign displayed a strong performance in their home win with goals from Beverly Y...
D.C. United tops Columbus Crew 2-0, extends unbeaten streak to six
Washington, D.C. (Via D.C. United) – D.C. United (5-1-2, 17 points) set a club record for points after eight games and kept a share of first place in the Major League Soccer standings with a 2-0 win over Columbus Crew SC (3-3-2, 11 points). United extended...
News - Notes & Boasts
- 05/05/15 Western New York Flash midfielder Becky Edwards voted NWSL Player of t...
- 05/05/15 NJCSA hires Anthony Tuesta and Gabriel Michelle in youth development r...
- 05/05/15 New Jersey Youth Soccer and Freehold Soccer League host more than 700...
- 05/05/15 Alliance Soccer Club announces EDP All-In commitment
- 05/05/15 Maryland United FC adds high profile coaches to ECNL and boys coaching...
- 05/04/15 Sporting KC midfielder Benny Feilhaber voted MLS Player of the Month f...
- 05/04/15 USMNT to face Guatemala in Nashville on July 3 as final Gold Cup tune-...
- 05/01/15 New York Red Bulls partner with Ironbound SC
- 05/01/15 Bill Hamid signs multi-year extension with D.C. United
- 05/01/15 Bethesda SC hires Shannon Higgins-Cirovski as Girls Director of Coachi...
- 05/01/15 New Jersey Youth Soccer’s TOPSoccer players enjoy VIP night with the N...
- 05/01/15 University of Virginia women’s soccer announces largest incoming...
- 05/01/15 New York Cosmos goalkeeper Jimmy Maurer named NASL Player of the Month
- 04/30/15 U.S. Soccer releases ‘One Nation. One Team. 23 Stories’ vi...
- 04/30/15 D.C. United Academy players to train with F.C. Internazionale in Italy