News - News
US Youth Soccer ODP Championships semifinals recap
The 2015 US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program Championships kicked off Friday at the Reach 11 Sports Complex in Phoenix. Elite Boys and Girls teams in the 1998 and 1999 age groups, from each of the four US Youth Soccer Regions, completed their semi-final matches and set the field for Sunday’s championship and consolation matches.
U.S. U-23 WNT defeats Norway 2-0 at La Manga Tournament
CHICAGO (Via U.S. Soccer) – The U.S. Under-23 Women’s National Team made it two wins in a row at the Six Nations Tournament in La Manga, Spain, defeating its counterpart from Norway, 2-0, on goals from forward Shea Groom and midfielder Danielle Colaprico....
U.S. U-17 MNT routs Cuba 5-0 to open CONCACAF Championship
The U.S. Under-17 Men's National Team got off to a strong start at the 2015 CONCACAF U-17 Championship, earning a 5-0 victory against Cuba in the Group A opener at Estadio Francisco Morazán.
U.S. U-17 MNT kicking off CONCACAF U-17 Championship vs. Cuba
The U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team kicks off the 2015 CONCACAF U-17 Championship (Feb. 27 to March 12) today at 6 p.m. ET. The USA has been drawn with host Honduras, Cuba, Guatemala, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago in Group A.
Dure: Did U.S. soccer structure fail Freddy Adu?
The cynics would say Freddy Adu was never that good. He was just a product of a marketing machine desperate to have an American Pele. The cynics are wrong, as they usually are. Cynicism is a good way to appear intellectually forceful without examining the issu...
After mulling retirement, Freddy Adu set to end long hiatus by signing with Swedish club
With his professional playing career in limbo for the better part of a year and directionless for even longer, Freddy Adu came close to retiring this winter. But the onetime teenage phenom has decided to soldier on and will soon sign with a club in Sweden's top flight – and hopefully begin rebuilding a reputation which has become synonymous with unfulfilled potential.
Loudoun Soccer Showcase Preview and Games to Watch
Virginia's largest youth club is hosting the Loudoun Soccer Showcase on its home fields at Loudoun Soccer Park in Leesburg and at Evergreen SportsPlex for the fourth time. Out of the 66 U-15 to U-19 girls and boys teams participating in the small but high-level tournament which runs from Feb. 27 to March 1, 12 are reigning State Cup champions.
ECNL Texas event disrupted by snow as winter storm blasts across Ft. Worth
The Elite Clubs National League is holding one of its major showcase events in Ft. Worth, Texas this weekend, a locale where winters are generally mild compared to other parts of the country. But a late-February snowstorm blew that thinking away, and snowed out more than half a day's worth of showcase matches on Friday.
Every region represented in 2015 Jefferson Cup U-15 Boys Championship Division
With the 2015 Jefferson Cup quickly approaching, SoccerWire.com has started an article series previewing the top divisions for the showcase age groups. Continue reading for a look at the U-15 Boys Championship Division.
U-23 WNT opens La Manga Tournament with 1-0 victory against Japan
The U.S. Under-23 Women’s National Team opened its three-game tournament in La Manga, Spain, with a 1-0 victory against their U-23 counterparts from Japan as forward Lynn Williams scored the game’s lone goal in the 54th minute.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 02/25/15 National Elite Soccer Showcase cancelled due to snow
- 02/24/15 Washington Spirit sign defender Estelle Johnson after trade with Flash
- 02/24/15 Western New York Flash acquire defender Toni Pressley
- 02/23/15 Pipeline SC signs Lee Tschantret as Technical Director
- 02/20/15 PWSI Icebreaker Tournament set for 19th edition
- 02/20/15 Rush for the Cup to serve as qualifier for Generation Adidas Bethesda...
- 02/20/15 Las Vegas schedules announced for US Youth Soccer National League
- 02/19/15 FC Frederick launches NPSL team
- 02/18/15 Virginia men’s soccer brings in six players for 2015-16
- 02/18/15 D.C. United signs midfielder Miguel Aguilar
- 02/18/15 VSA Heat 96 Blue announces update on college commitments
- 02/17/15 New York Red Bulls waive midfielder Ian Christianson
- 02/17/15 US Youth Soccer sets qualification standards for 2015-16 National Leag...
- 02/12/15 Minnesota United extends NASL Golden Boot winner Ramirez through 2017
- 02/12/15 FC Dallas signs Fabian Castillo to new five-year deal