News - News
The MLS rookie experience: Learning on the job (part 2 of 4)
One of the toughest challenges for any young soccer player is making it into the starting 11. For some players, making the 18-man roster is an achievement in its own right. Consider that in the past two years, rookie players drafted by the Portland Timbers hav...
Red Bulls lose badly in what could prove Thierry Henry’s final home game in MLS
Harrison, N.J. — Although he hasn’t admitted either way, it is expected that French striker Thierry Henry will no longer be a New York Red Bulls player after this season. Sunday’s match against the Columbus Crew could’ve been the last time...
Clint Dempsey, Lamar Neagle key second half comeback as Seattle Sounders FC draws LA Galaxy 2-2
Clint Dempsey and Lamar Neagle scored second half goals as Seattle Sounders FC (19-10-4, 61 points) came from behind to draw, 2-2, with the LA Galaxy (17-6-10, 61 points) on Sunday evening at the StubHub Center.
Maryland men upend No. 5 Indiana 2-1 on Sunday
The Maryland men’s soccer team picked up a marquee road victory Sunday when it topped No. 5 Indiana, 2-1, at Armstrong Stadium.
Columbus Crew earns second straight road win with 3-1 victory over New York Red Bulls
The Columbus Crew (13-10-10, 49 points) scored three goals on the road for the second consecutive week, beating the New York Red Bulls (12-10-11, 47 points) by a final score of 3-1 at Red Bull Arena on Sunday, October 19.
San Jose Earthquakes play to scoreless draw vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC in final match at Buck Shaw S...
The San Jose Earthquakes played their final game at Buck Shaw Stadium on Saturday against Vancouver Whitecaps FC, drawing 0-0 in front of a sold-out crowd of 10,525.
Virginia Tech women fall to Wake Forest 1-0 on Saturday
The tenth-ranked Virginia Tech women’s soccer team fell to Wake Forest, 1-0, Saturday night at Thompson Field. A goal from deep in the 73nd minute from Wake Forest’s Kim Marshall handed Tech its second-straight loss.
No. 3 University of Virginia women post 2-1 win at Louisville
The third-ranked Virginia women’s soccer team was victorious in its first-ever trip to Louisville, downing the Cardinals 2-1 Sunday at Lynn Stadium.
Minnesota United FC clinches No. 1 seed in NASL Championship, FC Edmonton improves position in NASL...
Minnesota United FC may not have come away with a win against the New York Cosmos on Saturday night, but the team still left the field with a big reward - the #1 seed in The Championship, the league's four-team postseason tournament. The scoreless draw, combined with the San Antonio Scorpions' loss in Indianapolis, ensures that the Loons will finish 2014 with the best overall record between the North American Soccer League (NASL) Spring and Fall Seasons.
No. 3 Georgetown men drops 1-0 decision to Seton Hall
The No. 3 Georgetown University men’s soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision to the Seton Hall University Pirates (4-6-3, 1-3-1 BIG EAST) Saturday afternoon at Owen T. Carroll Field in South Orange, N.J.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 10/20/14 New England Revolution midfielder Lee Nguyen voted MLS Player of the W...
- 10/19/14 Columbus Crew clinch spot in 2014 MLS Cup Playoffs
- 10/17/14 Western New York Flash acquire Whitney Engen, Becky Edwards, draft pic...
- 10/17/14 Columbus Crew sign homegrown player Ben Swanson
- 10/16/14 McLean U14 boys win EDP Cup over Columbus Day weekend
- 10/15/14 San Jose Earthquakes announce Dominic Kinnear to return as head coach...
- 10/15/14 Dominic Kinnear resigns as Houston Dynamo head coach
- 10/15/14 Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association Holding an E Coaching Cours...
- 10/15/14 Portland Timbers, Seattle Sounders FC launch USL PRO teams
- 10/14/14 Virginia’s Danielle Colaprico named ACC Women’s Player of...
- 10/14/14 Virginia’s Bird named ACC Men’s Soccer Player Of The Week
- 10/14/14 Maryland goalkeeper Zack Steffen named Big Ten Men’s Soccer Defe...
- 10/13/14 Richmond Kickers re-sign All-League defender William Yomby
- 10/13/14 Portland Timbers midfielder Diego Valeri Voted MLS Player of the Week
- 10/13/14 New York Red Bulls clinch spot in MLS Cup Playoffs