News - News
Major League Loophole: A look at MLS’s shaky single-entity status
By Elizabeth Cotignola, Special to SoccerWire.com Editor’s note: With Major League Soccer’s collective bargaining agreement with its players union set to expire this weekend and the sides looking quite far apart in their ongoing negotiations, the ...
MLS sells KICKTV to Copa90
Major League Soccer announced today that it has sold KICKTV, its global soccer media platform with a core presence on YouTube, to Copa90. MLS will retain an ownership stake in the newly created company and will work strategically with Copa90. Per MLS policy, specific terms of the deal were not disclosed.
NBA franchise Sacramento Kings makes MLS-level investment in Sacramento Republic FC
The Sacramento Kings have made an MLS-level investment in Sacramento Republic FC, as the USL PRO club seeks to move up to the top pro league in the United States.
Shea, Altidore goals not enough as USMNT falls to No. 14 Chile
The U.S. Men's National Team opened the new year with a 3-2 loss against No. 14 FIFA-ranked Chile at Estadio El Teniente.
Twenty-eight players named to U.S. U-17 MNT Spring Residency Roster
U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team head coach Richie Williams has invited 28 players to the 2015 Spring Semester of the U.S. U-17 Residency Program in Bradenton, Florida.
United Premier Soccer League unveils new league crest
The United Premier Soccer League (UPSL) has announced it has unveiled its new UPSL Crest that will be displayed for the upcoming 2015/16 Season.
Women’s World Cup individual tickets to start at $20.15
Individual tickets to the 2015 Women's World Cup will go on sale beginning in February on the FIFA website with a base starting price of $20.15. The general public on-sale date will coincide with the 100-day countdown beginning on February 26.
Orlando City SC expands partnership with North American Office Solutions
Orlando City Soccer Club today announced its newest partner, North American Office Solutions. The full service copier dealership has signed a multi-year agreement to become an Official Partner of Orlando City during its inaugural Major League Soccer (MLS) season.
New York Cosmos to play match at Coney Island’s MCU Park in 2015
The New York Cosmos announced today that the club will play a regular season game in 2015 at Coney Island’s MCU Park.
Alexandre Leitão named CEO of Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC has announced that Orlando City board of director and former President of Octagon Latin America Alexandre Leitão has been named the Club's Chief Executive Officer effectively immediately.
News - Notes & Boasts
- 01/29/15 FC Milan U16/17 girls win U.S. Youth Futsal 3v3 National Championship
- 01/29/15 FC Milan U15/16 Girls place first in U.S. Youth Futsal Regional Champi...
- 01/29/15 Houston Dynamo appoint Paul Rogers as goalkeeper coach
- 01/29/15 Cosmos agree to contract extension with Mads Stokkelien
- 01/29/15 MLS sells KICKTV to Copa90
- 01/29/15 Orlando City SC hires executives to lead business development initiati...
- 01/28/15 New York Red Bulls sign USMNT midfielder Sacha Kljestan
- 01/27/15 Arlington SA announces Dan Ferguson as Rec Soccer Director
- 01/27/15 Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association expands showcase roster rule...
- 01/27/15 New York Red Bulls deal Eric Alexander, Ambroise Oyongo to Montreal Im...
- 01/27/15 Georgetown’s Tyler Rudy picked up by New England Revolution
- 01/27/15 Georgetown to play two MLS teams during spring season
- 01/23/15 ECNL clubs headline National Elite Soccer Showcase early acceptances
- 01/23/15 Washington Spirit announce 2015 preseason schedule
- 01/23/15 D.C. United announces 2015 preseason roster